January 23, 2010

Your Lovely Layouts

Each month I will dedicate a post to sharing some Lovely Layouts that caught my eye for the month.  There will be one little twist.  I want to share layouts done by YOU my blog readers.  Everyone knows that there are some great layout artists in the digi-scrapping community but not all of you post your creations in galleries or somewhere that large numbers of people see.  So I want to be able to get YOU the recognition that YOU deserve for your hard work. 

So, how is this going to work?  I will be perusing the blogs of people who leave me comments here.  I will look at the pages of anyone who has already left a comment or anyone that comments here.  If you want me to feature a specific layout, leave me a link to where I can find it.  It is best if it is posted on your blog because the most people can access it but it can be on your blog, in a gallery or any public place on the web.  The layouts can be created using freebies, kits you have purchased, or even all your own design work.  I will personally go through your blogs and submissions to find some lovely layouts to share here.  Please remember that there are a lot of readers here so I won’t be able to feature everyone.  This is also not mean for advertising.  I will simply be picking my favorites and posting them here.  Some may be from designers, other may be from people on creative teams, and other may be just everyday scrap artists.  Everyone likes to get credit for their hard work so I thought this would be a fun way to do my little part.  I haven’t quite decided how many to feature per month or how often I will make these posts but I hope to do it at least once per month.

Since this is new and the blog is still new, there aren’t tons of pages to start with.  As you submit your comments I will view your blogs and do a follow up post as soon as possible.

Without further ado, here are today’s Lovely Layouts.

1.tag_lovelylayouts

image 

Kristine at Kristine’s Place:

I love the photo extraction.  It really gives life to the page.  It’s almost like you can reach out and touch the little girl.

 

image

Maria at  Scrapmuss Designs:

It’s simple yet a a great way to showcase your child’s artwork.  The ripped cardboard background paper and the pieces of notebook paper give such a realistic look to the page. 

 

image

Beth at Digi Daisy Chain:

This page is so clean and, well, So Cute!  I love the way it looks like the photos are tucked into the page and the white space is fabulous.

 

image

By Snowsmoon at Snowmoon’s Design:

The colors and the whole design of this page is crisp and clean.  The title and the layout focus so well on the intention of the page.  Also, the page curl and shadow are a perfect touch.

 

image

By Missy at Missy’s Moments:

This is another great white space layout.  There’s something fantastic about the elements cascading down the side of the page.  With the placement of the elements and title it’s quite clear the meaning behind this great page.  Also note, Missy turned this page into a quickpage for you.

Please go leave some love for today’s featured scrappers.  You might even find some fab freebies as your explore their great blogs.

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I'm famous!! lol
    Thanks for posting my freebie and featuring my page! This is so sweet of you!
    Good luck with your blog, it's such an inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! What a wonderful surprise!!! Thanks so much! You made my day!!!
    Hugs,
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so tickled that you featured my page! I am honored! Many thanks!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice and fun idea! I am a longtime lurker in scrap forums and have never posted in a gallery! I guess I should put some more layouts on my blog though! Thanks for all the freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a surprise and an honor! Thanks for featuring my layout here.

    And I'm so glad you're doing this blog; I've found some great stuff here since I started visiting earlier in the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea, thanks for all your hard work and featuring freebies and layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea! I am always looking to find scrapbook artists who inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and great selection !!
    Looking forward to nice pages every months !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOH, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your idea. It means you don't just run a script to find freebies, but that you actually spend time on a blog and take note of what's being posted. Thank you for highlighting Kristine's LO. She's on my CT and I just love her to bits.

    Thank you for what you do. MWAH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a GREAT idea!! I just found your blog and it is truly clever and amazing. Inspiring in many ways! I am a new designer and very happy to find you. Thanks!
    Artful Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just discovered your blog after you left a comment on mine last night posting one of my freebies. I LOVE your blog! The fact that you are personally finding freebies and layouts is great. I do want you to know that I download a freebie you had posted and used it to showcase a wordart I designed. This way I got to mention your blog and the blog I downloaded from. You can find it on my blog at http://mickilea.blogspot.com. Thank you for all your hard work. (Sorry for deleting my previous comment. I had several typos and can't stand that.) LOL!

    ReplyDelete